- 3 cups flour(Plus about ¼ cup for dusting)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Mixing Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Rolling Pin
I’m one of those people who loves to cook. But I also love easy. Due to my Latin heritage tortilla dough seems to be in my fridge a lot. Tortillas are great because they are so convenient and easy to make .
- Mix the dry ingredients and then mix in the vegetable oil and the water until there are no clumps.
- Grab a bit and roll it into a ball. On floured surface flatten ball with the palm of your hand on both sides and begin to roll. (if the dough sticks to the rolling pin, mix more flour into the mixture) Flip and roll repeatedly until the tortilla is flat without ripping. (thickness is a preference)
- Put a skillet on medium heat and slap the tortilla on it and flip until done. Usually it takes no longer than a couple of minutes.
- Presto!!! You now have a yummy tortilla. All of the dough can either be cooked or stored in a Ziploc bag in the fridge for later use.